A career with Unyts is an opportunity to make a difference in the WNY community and in the lives of all those who have been touched by organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. We are an organization that cares, and we look for people to join our team who C.A.R.E.
Communication, Accountability, Respect and Engagement
No matter what department you work in and what position you hold, you are having a direct impact on the important Gift of Life mission. Our success is built on the dedication and compassion of our employees. Unyts is much more than a 9-5 job, it is an opportunity to save and enhance lives. If you are someone who values the C.A.R.E. philosophy who is looking for a rewarding career, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Unyts now.
Blood Collections Supervisor
• Supervises and directs all Unyts staff at blood drives to assure donor and product safety as related to whole blood collection.
• Acts as liaison between the blood drive sponsor and the Unyts team.
• Interacts in a positive and effective manner with management, team leaders, account executives, volunteers and staff to achieve excellent customer service, highest quality standards and productivity.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Has worked in a medically related field and phlebotomy or IV experience necessary.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Leadership capabilities necessary with demonstrated customer service proficiency.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Valid NYS license required.
Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
Donate Life Educator
Responsible for program delivery and support of educational programs targeting school and community-based markets.
• Assist the Community Partnership Manager in the development of new programs, programmatic updates and development of new educational materials
• Participates in the training and placement of volunteer ambassadors in the Donate Life: Talk It Up! Speakers Bureau.
• Supports and staffs Community Relations events and activities as needed.
Requirements: Bachelor degree in education, communication or business. One to three years experience in public speaking, development, and delivery of presentations, seminars or educational modules. Must have a professional appearance and demeanor. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be organized, computer proficient and work successfully in a team environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
Donor Screening Coordinator
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 6:30pm - 6:30am, and 6:30am - 6:30pm
• Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Inputs data in the computerized data tracking system.
• Responsible for the management of incoming calls.
• Assists in building security by managing entry and access to the building.
• Coordinates activities with funeral home directors, medical examiners, and coroners.
• High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
• Medical terminology required.
• Data entry skills and experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• An excellent command of the English language required.
• Must be customer service focused, as well as team oriented.
• Clinical or medical office experience preferred.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: As a member of our procurement team, the Recovery Technician works on a per diem basis to recover and preserve eye and other tissue from authorized donors. Responsibilities include aseptic surgical tissue recovery, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging and shipping. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or higher in Life Sciences and a minimum of one year of relative work experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical environment. Previous eye or tissue banking experience preferred, ophthalmic technicians, funeral home directors; emergency medical technicians; or those with military medical training and experience will be strongly considered. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- The position involves medical screening of blood donors, performing phlebotomy, and the care of donors post-phlebotomy both for whole blood and double red cell automated collection.
- Management of multiple donors, (2) or more, during phlebotomy is expected.
- Provides appropriate handling of donor reactions.
- The pheresis specialist must follow written Standard Operation Procedures and be knowledgeable in Current Good Manufacturing practices (cGMPs) and NYS regulatory requirements.
- Donor collections personnel will work at UNYTS fixed collection sites, on mobile collection vehicles, and at various mobile draw sites within the region.
- High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required.
- Previous experience in whole blood phlebotomy collection required with phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must be able to work in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment and should enjoy working with people.
- Valid NYS driver’s license required.
Trainer, Blood Lab Services
• Develops and implements the training program for the Blood Lab services staff.
• Coordinates staff training activities and ensures proper recordkeeping.
• Develops and implements competency and routine assessments for staff.
• Creates a learning environment, assesses and provides coaching as needed and provide suggestions to improve efficiency and proficiency.
• Acts as a resource for staff on Blood Lab Services procedures and is a role model for the commitment to following SOPs and job aids.
• Assists with processing and testing as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or equivalent preferred with five years experience in a lab or pharmaceutical environment, or associates degree with seven years experience.
• Must be familiar with GMP.
• One year training or teaching experience required.
• Experience developing training programs preferred.
• Must be computer proficient with knowledge of excel, and PowerPoint desired.
• Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Eye & Tissue Donation Specialist – CNYETB (Syracuse)
This is a full time, exempt position in our Syracuse location. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11pm.
• Responsible for donor suitability determination, aseptic surgical tissue procurement, packaging, processing and distribution related to eye and tissue services.
• Responsible for performing daily eye bank activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or Life Science area preferred.
• Associates Degree or higher in Life Sciences; or 1 year experience in eye or tissue banking or healthcare related field required.
• Effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills required.
• Knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology is required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.